Skip to main content

‘Boyz II Men make my ears bleed’ … Brian Baumgartner’s honest playlist

As Kevin in the US Office, he performed in a Police covers band, but what does the actor and writer rock out to when the cameras aren’t rolling?

The first album I ever bought
Michael Jackson’s Thriller. I had a little record player, and I remember playing the album over and over and over. I liked it, but it was everywhere. To answer with Michael Jackson, does that make me fall somewhere on a political spectrum? But it was the bestselling album of all time, which I guess makes me a cliche.

The song that is my karaoke go-to
At this point, given its connection to my character in The Office [Kevin Malone, who plays the drums and sings in a Police covers band Scrantonicity], it would have to be Roxanne. In a hugely public setting, that has become the one that I have to sing. But I would do it as me, not as Kevin.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3e56cTY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog