Skip to main content

Joanne Froggatt: ‘Mick Jagger is a big Downton fan’

The actor, 41, talks about double entendres and the Duchess of Cambridge, her awe of musicians and why friends call her Jo-Fro

My childhood was like Wuthering Heights. I grew up on a smallholding in the middle of the North York Moors. It’s one of my favourite books. My mum used to play the Kate Bush song in the car on the drive to school and we’d all sing along.

Fame doesn’t change you, but it gives you confidence to be who you really are. When I was on Coronation Street, at 16, I was very uncomfortable with recognition. By the time I did Downton Abbey, I was older, wiser, prepared for it. Now I just do things my way and try to stay true to myself.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3E1NGHj

Comments

Popular posts from this blog