Skip to main content

Joe Lycett: ‘I’m being ghosted by Peppa Pig’

The comedian, 33, talks about funny anger, homophobic hecklers, selling soffits and his trouble with Heinz pasta shapes

Anger is a funny emotion. That’s how I accidentally got my consumer show. In my stand-up set, I’d read out my complaint letters. My genuine fury about minor injustices got laughs. It grew from there. Basically, a parking fine in York ended up making me loads of cash. It’s paid for itself many times over.

I learned to make pasta in lockdown. I did all the bread-baking clichés too – banana bread, soda bread, sourdough – but pasta was my great victory. I got really good at it, as my waistline will attest. Except for ravioli. My meaty parcels kept falling open.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3jn8CAx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog