Skip to main content

‘I had to educate myself on gaslighting’: meet the cast of dark teen drama Cruel Summer

A high-schooler is abducted in a series that is as provocative as it is soapy. Could this be the next Euphoria?

“Sometimes I would be like: where are we? What’s happening? What’s going on? I’m confused. Someone talk to me!” Chiara Aurelia is describing her first major TV role. If it sounds stressful, that’s probably because it was: in Amazon’s new psychological thriller Cruel Summer, the 18-year-old newcomer navigates life – first as a chronically awkward teenager, then as the latest addition to the “popular set” – before being dubbed “the most hated girl in America.”

Related: The Guide: Staying In – sign up for our home entertainment tips

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3zDMZkT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog