Skip to main content

Skin in the frame: black photographers welcome Google initiative

Attempt to tackle racial bias long overdue say practitioners, but it’s not just about the equipment

Christina Ebenezer first started taking photos with a group of friends when she was a 17-year-old student. Even then, she noticed the difference in how her camera captured people of different skin tones.

“I didn’t think much about this until I got older and became more experienced in photography. It was when I learned that the early Kodak Vericolor Shirley Cards were based on various white women that I thought OK, this was an industry standard that was not made with people like me in mind,” Ebenezer, who has photographed for British Vogue, British GQ, and Vanity Fair, said.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3fsTWy0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog