Skip to main content

Nadine Shah: ‘My creativity comes from my time in hospital’

The singer, 35, on childhood traumas, gaining confidence, losing her mum and her love for the northeast

I lost my mum last year. She was brilliant, which is what’s so hard about it. Her name was Heather, and it would have been easier if she’d been a bit shit. My brother named her “the patron saint of misfits”. She was understanding and kind. She had time for everyone. I have a mantra now: “Be more Heather.”

Social media divides us, but I don’t know where I’d have been without it during the pandemic. Sometimes I find myself on Twitter thinking: “There she goes, writing about her mum again,” but hearing from other people who’ve lost people, hearing that I’ve helped, it’s been so good for my head.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/34usMAA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog