Skip to main content

Julien Baker’s teenage obsessions: ‘I had Leonardo DiCaprio’s hair. I was a mess’

As she releases her third album, the US indie rocker reminisces about waffles, hardcore Christian punk and her terrible skateboarding

Where I grew up in the Memphis suburbs was not the epitome of cool, so I didn’t know what else to be except a goth kid. When I was 13, I wore lots of safety pins in my clothing. Now, the way I form friendships and meet people is so different, but then I would just get home from school and walk around the neighbourhood, finding other kids outside. We’d hide behind the storm drain and smoke cigarettes, hide from our parents and set stuff on fire. It was Tennessee! There wasn’t a lot to do.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3kn9G6m

Comments

Popular posts from this blog