Skip to main content

Shira Haas: ‘Acting is exposing, but gives me a shield to hide behind’

The actor, 25, on her childhood illness, the success of Unorthodox and creativity in staying up late

I don’t remember anything of my life before [cancer]. From the age of three to six I was very sick. Being ill forced me to mature early. I started to write poems and stories. Of course, I wish it hadn’t happened, but a part of me is thankful for what I went through. I understand pain and suffering. It shaped who I am.

The first part I got came over Facebook. A well-known Israeli casting director messaged out of the blue. I’d enrolled at an arts school on a whim, where I fell in love with acting. I turned up to the audition with no expectations. Opening the door felt like stepping into Narnia – and I’ve not looked back.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Mm1Tct

Comments

Popular posts from this blog