Skip to main content

Emeli Sandé’s teenage obsessions: ‘I spent hours in the Yahoo karaoke chatroom’

The Scottish singer recalls obsessing over Titanic, channelling Mariah Carey and learning to beatbox

The first time I went to see it I think I had just turned 11 [Titanic had a 12 certificate]. I remember sneaking into the cinema for my birthday and my dad telling me and my friends how to act in front of the staff. He said: “If they ask you your birth date, you have to pretend it’s this day.” We watched the whole film and everybody was crying. My dad always tells the story of having these five 11-year-olds sobbing next to him. Really, it was my first emotional reaction to a romantic story.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3jHenpZ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog