Skip to main content

Richard Osman: 'I want to be writing novels for the rest of my life now'

The television presenter and debut author on John le Carré, his favourite crime writers and the funniest book in the English language

The book I am currently reading
The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead. I was about to read The Underground Railroad when I noticed that The Nickel Boys was shorter, which I admire in a book. It is as extraordinary as everyone says and I’m now going to read The Underground Railroad, making the fact that The Nickel Boys was shorter annoyingly moot.

The book I wish I had written
When John le Carré first describes George Smiley, he does it with such economy and humanity it takes your breath away. It is all the more remarkable that this description is on the first page of his first novel, Call for the Dead.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2EBQNfJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog