Skip to main content

Princess Nokia's lockdown listening: 'Performing is always a little unnatural'

The New York rapper has been revisiting the sweet R&B sounds that dominated her city at the turn of the millennium

The situation is giving me a lot of anxiety, but other than that I can’t begin to tell you how lazy I am sometimes and how much I just love being home. I’ve been spending the time doing what I always do, honestly: cooking, cleaning, choring at home. I don’t live this ostentatious life. TV is my guiltiest pleasure, it’s the best way I like to enjoy my time. I’ve watched all of #blackAF and Never Have I Ever. I do and don’t miss performing. It takes a lot out of me, so if I can be home I actually prefer it. It’s always a little unnatural, and the only thing I really love about tour is being on stage and connecting with people. I don’t like travelling and sleeping in hotels.

But I’ve been working quite a lot. I’ve been in a really creative space, and it’s been really wonderful to actually be able to work, to have the privilege of making new music which I’m really excited about. I already released two albums this year so maybe there’ll be a third. I certainly think something very powerful is coming, unlike anything I’ve ever done before. I’m having a lot of fun doing it.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2ZM9cyt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog