Skip to main content

Laura Marling webchat – follow it live!

To mark the release of her seventh album, Song for Our Daughter, the musician is here, answering your questions

Rasthky asks

There have been a load of unreleased tracks doing the rounds on YouTube - Bleed Me Dry, One Day Soon, and that lovely track at the end of the Woman Driver short movie (pun!), Rest My Troubles Away - will you revisit these, or release them at any point?

Because I've only recently been involved in social media, I've only just been made aware of this, and it's been a really nice surprise. Generally why songs aren't put on records is because they're not good enough, but this made me think some just didn't have the right place on a record. I like that you can find a random track of mine online and feel like you've discovered it – I won't be releasing them.

BrightSlumber asks

You have generously been giving guitar lessons during the lockdown, something I have enjoyed immensely (thank you). You frequently use non-standard guitar tunings, what is your favourite and why?

My favourite tuning at the moment is E A C* E A E. And that's what Goodbye England is written in, and Alexandra from the new album. It's a tuning I've spent less time in, so I'm discovering new things in it. It creates a totally new relationship with the guitar and that's why I'm into it.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2yHVktw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog