Skip to main content

‘I do my best – wholeheartedly’: Julie Hesmondhalgh on Corrie, Corbyn and trans rights

She played Hayley in Coronation Street and a rape survivor in Broadchurch, and has always believed art can change the world. She is no less passionate about fighting for causes off screen

Julie Hesmondhalgh has had an epiphany – related to Covid-19, obviously.

“I realise that my main skill in the apocalypse is making videos of myself to send to exhausted NHS workers,” she says. “‘Hi! I’m Julie Hesmondhalgh, better known as Hayley from Coronation Street. I know you’re on your one 10-second break of a 12-hour shift and what you really need is to see some obscure TV personality making a video …’” She pauses. “I’ve never felt more useless in my life.”

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2W3BjWi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog