Skip to main content

A room with a review: critics on the art of home working

For those who write about culture for a living, working from home is a way of life. Pre-lockdown, the Observer’s film, art, dance, architecture and theatre critics discussed their jobs

The experts’ experts - our writers on their most-trusted sources

“Every now and then, in the middle of Tuesday afternoon, when you’ve seen a run of really bad films – Mighty Pups, say, followed by some terrible Michael Bay movie – and you’re scuttling from one screening room to another, and it’s raining, and you’ve got a deadline, and you’ve been up since 5am, and you think: ‘Ohhh, life is so hard!’ But then you go: ‘Hang on a minute…’” Mark Kermode takes a breath and reflects on his professional fortunes. “When I went to the school careers office, they told me I should probably work in an insurance office. Instead,” – he draws the next six words out for emphasis – “I watch films for a living. Which is astonishing to me. I should never ever complain about the job that I have, because I have the best job in the world.”

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2JpCMAB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog