Skip to main content

Marian Keyes: 'I'm giving every woman I've met Three Women by Lisa Taddeo'

The author on Naomi Wolf, Nora Ephron and why she finds comfort in reading crime novels

The book I am currently reading
I’m the chair of the 2020 Comedy Women in Print prize so I’m reading my way through dozens of submissions.

The book that changed my life
The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf. I came of age in the so-called “post-feminist” era when feminism felt like a dirty word. Obviously, the world was still wildly unequal but I didn’t have the language to articulate my feelings. This book opened my eyes to the countless insidious ways that women are undermined by comparison with some unachievable physical ideal.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/38dh50I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog