Skip to main content

Helen George: ‘With its female-led cast and crew, Call the Midwife was ahead of its time'

The Call the Midwife star on filming a Christmas special and her new role in My Cousin Rachel on stage

Birmingham-born actor Helen George, 35, is best known as nurse Trixie Franklin in BBC One’s hit drama Call the Midwife. She is currently playing the title role in Theatre Royal Bath’s touring production of Daphne du Maurier’s My Cousin Rachel.

How was filming Call the Midwife’s festive special in the Outer Hebrides?
Pretty spectacular. We shot it on the island of Lewis and Harris, which was so scenic and cinematic. We saw stags and eagles every day. Bloody freezing, though – I didn’t remove my long johns the whole time, but I’m a southern softie.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2QgUjOu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog