Skip to main content

David Lynch smoking: Chris Saunders' best photograph

‘He came out on to the balcony, picked a half-smoked cigarette out of a plant pot, lit it, and then it was click, click, click’

I was a student working part-time in a video shop and I took Twin Peaks home to watch. It was a revelation. I became completely hooked, and watched as much of David Lynch’s work as I could.

I was studying photography and fell into portrait work almost by accident. I saw the comedian Bill Hicks on TV and he blew me away like Twin Peaks had. I spotted he was performing in Manchester and I knew I had to go – I was like an autograph hunter but using my camera instead of a pen. I stood backstage and introduced myself and asked if I could photograph him. He said yes, and I spent 45 minutes with him in his dressing room. Coming away with something I’d created gave me a massive buzz.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2rzK4vK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog