Skip to main content

I confronted Harvey Weinstein last week. It wasn't the first time

Kelly Bachman called out the producer while he watched. Two years earlier, she had organized a show that used standup to tackle sexual assault

That I crossed paths with Harvey Weinstein at a standup show last Wednesday to me is some kind of cosmic wonder, because this isn’t the first time I’ve responded to him with comedy – although it was the first time he was in the room.

When the news broke in 2017 about rape accusations against him, it was difficult to find a comedy show where I didn’t hear a bad rape joke, usually coming from a male comedian who was punching down on accusers with unoriginal and offensive jabs.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/34jzK9z

Comments

Popular posts from this blog