Skip to main content

Chastity belts, torture tools and ... a bit of skin? Three authors on their spooky inspirations

Sarah Moss, Imogen Hermes Gowar and Oyinkan Braithwaite introduce the objects from the Wellcome Collection that inspired their new short stories

‘Bits of people, drifting in time’
Sarah Moss

The Wellcome Collection’s permanent exhibition, Medicine Man, has plenty of disturbing objects. Partly because I arrive in and leave London through Euston station, just over the road, I often stop by if I’m early for a train (this kind of casual visiting is one of the joys of free museums), and so I find myself gazing out of the window at Watford Junction and still thinking about a box of false eyes or an amulet. It’s good to be a little haunted.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2MWhj4P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog