Skip to main content

Caroline Criado Perez: ‘No one ever changed the world by being nice’

The journalist and campaigner on the book that made her realise she was in an abusive relationship and the comforts of Nancy Mitford

The book I am currently reading
Deborah Levy’s The Cost of Living. After years of reading almost exclusively men, I’m now addicted to sharp female writers like Levy who write about what it is to be a woman. I don’t think I’ll ever tire of the excitement of recognising how I see the world in a book.

The book that changed my life
Where There’s a Will There’s a Way or, All I Really Need to Know I Learned from Shakespeare by Laurie Maguire. Part literary analysis, part self-help book, reading this made me realise I was in an abusive relationship – which was the first step to getting out.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2mgAX0G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog