Skip to main content

Murder Mystery: the film that asks – what is Jennifer Aniston doing?

Viewed by 30 million people on its opening weekend, this woefully average comic caper is an odd addition to the actor’s CVs

Thirty-nine minutes and 40 seconds, I have it down as – 39m 40s flat. That marks the first time I laughed during the dark comedy film Murder Mystery (Netflix, out now), starring Adam Sandler (90s comedian) and Jennifer Aniston (no better actor in Hollywood at saying : “Ooh!” while blowing fringe out of her face to exclaim mild-to-medium surprise).

And I want to say something to caveat that fact: I am a very simple man. Phenomenally easily entertained. Leave me alone in a silent room – solitary confinement, say, inside a high-risk prison – and I’ll find something to laugh at within 40 minutes. I have been to humorous funerals. Some third-warning meetings at work. You can laugh while a headmaster is screaming at you, and I have the stern letters written home to my mother to prove it. But Adam Sandler, trying his best? Forty entire minutes. That is the review.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Xa9CtD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog