Skip to main content

'I was inspired by Kylie': artists Jeremy Deller, Olafur Eliasson and Helen Cammock on their Guardian climate crisis covers

Three leading artists explain the new works they’ve created for tomorrow’s magazine (click on each artwork’s title to download a copy)

I heard some young activists chanting, “Fuck you, CO2 at the school climate strike on 24 May. It wasn’t the most profane chant I heard that day – there were a lot about politicians. But it worked well: it was short, strong – and kids just like swearing, don’t they? So I didn’t come up with this: I nicked it from the air. But by getting it down on paper, I’m giving it more life. I can imagine people putting it in a window at home, like a party-political poster. In 2017, I did something similar with Theresa May’s words in my poster Strong And Stable My Arse [which was posted around London]. Her repetition of the phrase gave it its power. I just took it and turned it into a poster.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2XePkEl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog