Skip to main content

Charlie Brooker: 'Happy? I have my moments'

As a new season of TV’s paranoid satire Black Mirror is unveiled, its creators Charlie Brooker and Annabel Jones talk ‘disrespectful’ chemistry, being grownup and why the show is not about tech

During the recent school holidays, Charlie Brooker made a deal with his seven-year-old son. “I said, ‘Right, you’ve got these tests coming up’ (these stupid SAT things),” he tells me. “I had a book of mock exams and I said, ‘If you do one of these every morning, half an hour, maths or English, then you can do whatever the fuck you want the rest of the day.’” Actually he didn’t swear, Brooker adds.

And what did Brooker Jr want to do for the rest of the day? Play video games. He likes the ones where you create levels and customise characters, like Super Mario Maker. “If anything, he’s more into computer games than I am, which is a statement I didn’t think it was possible to utter,” his dad, 48, tells me, not unproudly.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian http://bit.ly/2WzmNYJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog