Skip to main content

Man Like Mobeen’s Guz Khan: ‘As a child of immigrants, I can’t help but be politicised’

The Man Like Mobeen star on his political aspirations, infiltrating Hollywood and reacting to Christchurch

Former teacher Guz Khan is recalling the time he legged it out of an A-level class. He had organised an interview about his fictional character Mobeen, after the two comedy videos he’d posted online had caught the eye of his local news programme in the West Midlands.

“I asked the teacher in the next classroom: ‘Yo, listen, you’ve got to hold it down, make sure this lot don’t beat each other up,’’’ he says. “I ran out to do the interview. At that point I’d done a couple of Mobeen videos but I wasn’t a YouTuber by any means because I was a teacher. I was marking books, feeding the family – that was real life.”

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2I1dsS3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog