Skip to main content

Great News is the best show on Netflix. Why was it cut down in its prime?

Tina Fey is heartbroken that her sizzlingly witty cable news sitcom was axed when it was firing on all cylinders, and I couldn’t agree more. We must get Netflix to bring it back

In a recent interview to commemorate the end of the Netflix sitcom Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, its co-creators, Tina Fey and Robert Carlock, touched on the premature cancellation of their other series, Great News. “That is a heartbreak,” said Fey, “because Tracey Wigfield was really firing on all cylinders running that show and that cast were delightful and so funny and we could’ve done that show for seven seasons and it would’ve stayed consistently funny.”

Heartbreak is so right. Because now I’m trapped in a Great News purgatory, watching its 23 episodes over and over again on Netflix. Why? Because I like it? Because I can’t bear to say goodbye? Because I hope that my repeated viewing will somehow trigger a switch at Netflix HQ that gets it recommissioned? Yes to all the above.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian http://bit.ly/2MLT2Nj

Comments

Popular posts from this blog