Skip to main content

2019 in pop culture: from Adele’s 30 to ‘zapping’ your TV

A guide to everything you’ll need to know about TV, film and music next year, including Tarantino’s Charles Manson obsession and what’s next for Richard Madden’s bum

“Have you been heartbroken again, lately, Adele?” the label bosses said to me, and I had to sing mournfully back to them: “No–ooh–oh, ooh–oh–ooh–oh.” I’ve been happily loved up since 2011, haven’t I? Big massive son in 2012. Married to my long-term partner in 2016. Mainly just drink tea and that now. I paid for Alan Carr’s wedding essentially out of boredom. “You can’t sing about Alan Carr’s wedding,” they said. Which is bollocks because planning that was actually very fraught and we had to have at least two big barneys about the table settings and four (four!) about whether we’d have bows on the chairs, so actually, Sony, there is a lot of material there. They still said no.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian http://bit.ly/2rZkkWA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog