Skip to main content

Kate Beckinsale on her role in Farming: 'If the parent is 100% evil, it's almost less damaging'

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje’s first, autobiographical film is a fractured love story between mother and adopted son. He explains why he chose Beckinsale to play the emotionally abusive woman to whom his parents ‘farmed’ him out as a child

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje wrote what became his first film script in the hope it might help him to get a good night’s sleep. The 51-year-old actor, best known for roles in Lost, Game of Thrones and Suicide Squad, wanted a way to process his painful childhood. Farming – the film, not the occupation – became his therapy.

“I think I’d attained a certain amount of success in my career and life, but was plagued by some feelings that I’d not really resolved,” he says. “I used to write at night just to get to sleep, just to let it out of me. By the end of two weeks, I had a 500-page manuscript.”

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2NPNvcf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog