Skip to main content

Why I mistook the Strokes' album cover for a knee | Elle Hunt

After misidentifying a body part on the Strokes’ Is This It, I realised I was the victim of the modern age where the LP sleeve has become irrelevant to most

It’s the Strokes’ best album, it has been out 17 years, I could recite the track list from memory, I’m not blind and I’m practically 30 – but until Wednesday night I thought the image on the cover of Is This It showed a gloved hand resting on a knee.

Yes I’ve seen a knee in real life. I’ve also seen a bare ass. Can I tell them apart? I thought so. Then I read the interview with Colin Lane on his best photograph, the cover of the Strokes’ 2001 debut. He mentioned “the ass shot” and I thought: what ass shot?

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Pqg9wX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog