Skip to main content

Why are more millennials tuning in to Classic FM?

The classical music station has seen a 30% leap in younger people listening to it in the past 18 months. What is the secret of its growing appeal?

Sunday afternoon radio is still dominated by the charts, but, for me, there are now two standout options. The first is the Top 40, with its banging beats, its songs about lost loves and its litany of earworms that you can’t stop singing. The second is something different: Classic FM’s chart, which I discovered while driving over the Devon hills just as the opening bars of the Braveheart score started. I stuck with Classic FM, and it seems I am by no means the only young person (I am 24) doing so.

Related: Classic FM's 25th anniversary: The sweet sound of success

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2NwJNQu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog