Skip to main content

I love 24 and Jack Bauer, but please, let them rest in peace

A 24 prequel would be a step too far for a show that has been stretched to the limits and broken. Can someone do the honourable thing and put it out of its misery?

First, a disclaimer. I love 24. I have always loved 24. Honest to God, I truly believe that 24 will be remembered as one of the most important television programmes in the history of the medium. Look around now, at this landscape full of colossally expensive series that brim with big-name movie stars. It’s all thanks to 24. I believe in 24. I love 24.

That said, they should absolutely not make any more 24. Absolutely not. Never, ever, ever. CTU, ticking clocks, the entire concept of a soft perimeter; all of it should be parcelled up with packing tape and kicked into an active volcano. I say this with nothing but affection.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2M4f4tr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog