Skip to main content

Homeland's Mandy Patinkin: ‘Reality, for me? Not so good’

The outspoken star, who has recorded a ‘prayer for peace’, gives a few clues about how the show might end – and says why he’s more comfortable with fantasy than the real world

“Let’s be honest,” Mandy Patinkin says. “The beard is far more loved and famous than I am.” He’s sitting in a New York apartment crowded with art and photos and antiques. (Not fussy antiques, but the chipped, comfortable, roadside-stand kind.) His beard, which starts out pepper and declines to salt, oscillates between Mephistopheles and mountain man. Today it’s somewhere in the middle.

On the set of Homeland, where Patinkin is having a late-career renaissance as the CIA daddy bear Saul Berenson, Patinkin has had a dedicated beard groomer every season, except for the sixth, which was filmed in New York. “Every minute another person was touching me, and it was making me crazy,” he says. “And so I insisted – it was the only time I insisted in all the years – ‘I need one person who can do this right.’” That, he says, “was my one ‘Mandy Patinkin is difficult’ moment in my Homeland journey.”

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2OyagxV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog