Skip to main content

‘It’s a closure’: the artist making an endless, erasing Covid-19 memorial

Mexico-born artist Rafael Lozano-Hemmer invites people to contribute pictures of loved ones who died during the pandemic for an unusual installation

Rafael Lozano-Hemmer caught the first wave of the coronavirus pandemic. The media artist became infected in March last year during a visit to New York, then unwittingly took the deadly virus back home to Canada.

“As far as I know, I am Patient Zero,” he says by phone from Toronto. “I may have been the one that caused Canada to catch it because I was very early.”

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3pHTscL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Green Day’s World Now

The band’s new album, “Saviors,” feels amazingly current, not because Green Day has capitulated to the whims of the Zeitgeist but because, somehow, the Zeitgeist has bent around Green Day. from Culture: TV, Movies, Music, Art, and Theatre News and Reviews https://ift.tt/Oz8Atxq