Skip to main content

Shira Haas: ‘Acting is exposing, but gives me a shield to hide behind’

The actor, 25, on her childhood illness, the success of Unorthodox and creativity in staying up late

I don’t remember anything of my life before [cancer]. From the age of three to six I was very sick. Being ill forced me to mature early. I started to write poems and stories. Of course, I wish it hadn’t happened, but a part of me is thankful for what I went through. I understand pain and suffering. It shaped who I am.

The first part I got came over Facebook. A well-known Israeli casting director messaged out of the blue. I’d enrolled at an arts school on a whim, where I fell in love with acting. I turned up to the audition with no expectations. Opening the door felt like stepping into Narnia – and I’ve not looked back.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Mm1Tct

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Green Day’s World Now

The band’s new album, “Saviors,” feels amazingly current, not because Green Day has capitulated to the whims of the Zeitgeist but because, somehow, the Zeitgeist has bent around Green Day. from Culture: TV, Movies, Music, Art, and Theatre News and Reviews https://ift.tt/Oz8Atxq