Skip to main content

'I was pretty crushed': Mitch Benn wrote two novels – then stopped. What happened?

The standup won a book deal after an idle tweet. Two books later, his love for publishing was over. He talks about why he’s persisting with the third book in his scifi trilogy

A decade ago, a bored tweet landed standup comedian and singer Mitch Benn a book deal. What made him lose another isn’t quite so clear.

“I am a big, shambling doofus,” says Benn, a fixture on TV and radio, especially BBC Radio 4’s The Now Show. “It’s quite possible somewhere along the line I said the wrong thing to the wrong person, I don’t bloody know.”

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Mu2adl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Green Day’s World Now

The band’s new album, “Saviors,” feels amazingly current, not because Green Day has capitulated to the whims of the Zeitgeist but because, somehow, the Zeitgeist has bent around Green Day. from Culture: TV, Movies, Music, Art, and Theatre News and Reviews https://ift.tt/Oz8Atxq