Skip to main content

Virginie Despentes: 'Charles Bukowski is my comfort read. He makes me feel good'

The novelist and film-maker on her love for vampires, laughing at David Sedaris and crying over Joan Didion

The book I am currently reading
Jean Rhys’s Good Morning, Midnight. I am reading everything she wrote.

The book that changed my life
The Autobiography of Malcolm X. I read it when I was 20 – around the time of Spike Lee’s Do the Right Thing. I realised once I’d read it that a life can be made up of different chapters – and that I was not obliged to follow a particular path based on the first chapter of my life.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3feiW8P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Green Day’s World Now

The band’s new album, “Saviors,” feels amazingly current, not because Green Day has capitulated to the whims of the Zeitgeist but because, somehow, the Zeitgeist has bent around Green Day. from Culture: TV, Movies, Music, Art, and Theatre News and Reviews https://ift.tt/Oz8Atxq