Skip to main content

Snow Patrol on how they made Run

‘I went on a three-day bender in Glasgow and woke up blind in one eye with teeth missing. After I recovered, songs started pouring out of me’

I grew up in Bangor in Northern Ireland and didn’t understand the Troubles when I was younger. I just wanted to get away. Then I saw Nirvana live and my brain exploded. I couldn’t think of anything else. I went to Dundee University with one goal: to start a band. I met a guy from Belfast – Mark McClelland – on the day I arrived and we started Shrug, who evolved into Snow Patrol.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2qKGAGQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Green Day’s World Now

The band’s new album, “Saviors,” feels amazingly current, not because Green Day has capitulated to the whims of the Zeitgeist but because, somehow, the Zeitgeist has bent around Green Day. from Culture: TV, Movies, Music, Art, and Theatre News and Reviews https://ift.tt/Oz8Atxq