‘I used bacon, garlic and blueberries for eyes, the teeth are lima beans and the tongue is the piglet’s own’
The first Donald Trump sculpture I made was out of a chicken. It was July 2016, when he still seemed relatively harmless and I never thought his presidency would come to pass. I’d read the stories of him dodging Vietnam and I thought the chicken was perfect material, especially with its thin skin.
Then, a few months later, the Access Hollywood tape came out with him saying he could grab women by the pussy. He was suddenly a lot more disturbing. I wanted to show his true nature. I made this piece out of a dead piglet. I used most of its skin to create the face, then took the snout for his nose. You can see the dimensions of the piece because the piglet’s tail is at the bottom. It has the US food agency stamp that certifies this is American meat. It was important to show that this is not just about one person – it is an American problem.
Continue reading...from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2lPYNAc
Comments
Post a Comment