Skip to main content

Asian-American on her favourite Hong Kong restaurant playlists, and dishes to go with the music

Maria Chan is the director of content partnerships at National Geographic for the Asia-Pacific and Middle East region. I like ordering a lot of things just to taste. My mom’s Thai, dad’s Chinese and growing up in Philadelphia, you’re exposed to a lot of American-Italian and Jewish delis, so those would be my top four foods. Also, I almost never have full set meals. I just like to order a drink and a dish, then go elsewhere. I have favourites for different moods. If I am eating by myself, I…

from South China Morning Post https://ift.tt/2nI9dCM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Degrees of separation: what connects Seinfeld to Steve Bannon?

From the US sitcom to the far-right rabble rouser, we go down the rabbit hole, thanks to the arrival of Jerry’s show on Netflix Seinfeld All 180 episodes of the 90s’ most misanthropic sitcom have arrived on Netflix, but not everyone is happy. Some viewers have complained that the new transfer puts Jerry Seinfeld ’s show in a different aspect ratio: from an older square format to widescreen … yada-yada … now the picture crops out some sight gags and just seems slightly bizarro . Motion impossible: fallout It’s not the first time modern technology has caused problems. HD TVs can make even visually stunning films look like cheap soap operas, through motion smoothing – a process to reduce blurring (good for on-screen sport). But Tom Cruise was there to save the day: in a slightly awkward 2018 video , he explained how to adjust TV settings to undo this flat fiasco. Continue reading... from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3mr722c