Skip to main content

How we made I Think We're Alone Now: Tommy James and Tiffany on their shared hit

‘Having a No 1 at 15 was a wild ride. I didn’t realise it was about the prohibition of teenage sex – but we got away with it’

When I was a kid I used to sing everywhere – the bathroom, the grocery store. When some musician friends of my parents had a party, my dad suggested I get up and sing. People went: “Wow. That voice. She sounds like a 30-year-old woman.” Before I knew it, I was singing on bills with people like Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3158xWu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Green Day’s World Now

The band’s new album, “Saviors,” feels amazingly current, not because Green Day has capitulated to the whims of the Zeitgeist but because, somehow, the Zeitgeist has bent around Green Day. from Culture: TV, Movies, Music, Art, and Theatre News and Reviews https://ift.tt/Oz8Atxq