Skip to main content

'Instagram is like junk food': the woman out to improve our visual diet

Marine Tanguy thinks our eyes deserve more than narcissistic soft porn – so she’s building a stable of talents to rival Kim Kardashian

One day Marine Tanguy decided to do a test. She posted a picture of her bottom in a bikini to her 24,000 Instagram followers. The post received 75% more views than usual – and most of the viewers were other women.

“I’m a grown woman,” says the 29-year-old French founder of arts talent agency MT Art. “But imagine if I was a 16-year-old girl. What would this tell me? It would tell me that my body is more valued than anything I could say, more valuable than, say, posting my exam results. Quite possibly it would mean I would put up more photos of my body to increase my profile.”

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian http://bit.ly/2WeDCoD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Green Day’s World Now

The band’s new album, “Saviors,” feels amazingly current, not because Green Day has capitulated to the whims of the Zeitgeist but because, somehow, the Zeitgeist has bent around Green Day. from Culture: TV, Movies, Music, Art, and Theatre News and Reviews https://ift.tt/Oz8Atxq