Skip to main content

Man Like Mobeen’s Guz Khan: ‘As a child of immigrants, I can’t help but be politicised’

The Man Like Mobeen star on his political aspirations, infiltrating Hollywood and reacting to Christchurch

Former teacher Guz Khan is recalling the time he legged it out of an A-level class. He had organised an interview about his fictional character Mobeen, after the two comedy videos he’d posted online had caught the eye of his local news programme in the West Midlands.

“I asked the teacher in the next classroom: ‘Yo, listen, you’ve got to hold it down, make sure this lot don’t beat each other up,’’’ he says. “I ran out to do the interview. At that point I’d done a couple of Mobeen videos but I wasn’t a YouTuber by any means because I was a teacher. I was marking books, feeding the family – that was real life.”

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2I1dsS3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Degrees of separation: what connects Seinfeld to Steve Bannon?

From the US sitcom to the far-right rabble rouser, we go down the rabbit hole, thanks to the arrival of Jerry’s show on Netflix Seinfeld All 180 episodes of the 90s’ most misanthropic sitcom have arrived on Netflix, but not everyone is happy. Some viewers have complained that the new transfer puts Jerry Seinfeld ’s show in a different aspect ratio: from an older square format to widescreen … yada-yada … now the picture crops out some sight gags and just seems slightly bizarro . Motion impossible: fallout It’s not the first time modern technology has caused problems. HD TVs can make even visually stunning films look like cheap soap operas, through motion smoothing – a process to reduce blurring (good for on-screen sport). But Tom Cruise was there to save the day: in a slightly awkward 2018 video , he explained how to adjust TV settings to undo this flat fiasco. Continue reading... from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3mr722c