Skip to main content

Agnès Varda's last interview: 'I fought for radical cinema all my life'

In this September 2018 conversation, the film-maker reflected on her discretion, daring and how she wanted to be remembered

• Peter Bradshaw: Agnès Varda, the eternally youthful soul of world cinema

What are the strongest memories of your childhood?

My parents named me Arlette. and I changed it to Agnès when I was young. I didn’t like it because I don’t like names with “ette” – you know, it looks like a little girl’s name. Jumping, charming and jumping. I didn’t feel like being like this. So I chose Agnès.

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2uBYRUU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Green Day’s World Now

The band’s new album, “Saviors,” feels amazingly current, not because Green Day has capitulated to the whims of the Zeitgeist but because, somehow, the Zeitgeist has bent around Green Day. from Culture: TV, Movies, Music, Art, and Theatre News and Reviews https://ift.tt/Oz8Atxq