Skip to main content

Why I mistook the Strokes' album cover for a knee | Elle Hunt

After misidentifying a body part on the Strokes’ Is This It, I realised I was the victim of the modern age where the LP sleeve has become irrelevant to most

It’s the Strokes’ best album, it has been out 17 years, I could recite the track list from memory, I’m not blind and I’m practically 30 – but until Wednesday night I thought the image on the cover of Is This It showed a gloved hand resting on a knee.

Yes I’ve seen a knee in real life. I’ve also seen a bare ass. Can I tell them apart? I thought so. Then I read the interview with Colin Lane on his best photograph, the cover of the Strokes’ 2001 debut. He mentioned “the ass shot” and I thought: what ass shot?

Continue reading...

from Culture | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Pqg9wX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Green Day’s World Now

The band’s new album, “Saviors,” feels amazingly current, not because Green Day has capitulated to the whims of the Zeitgeist but because, somehow, the Zeitgeist has bent around Green Day. from Culture: TV, Movies, Music, Art, and Theatre News and Reviews https://ift.tt/Oz8Atxq