Skip to main content

The origins of Mid-Autumn Festival brought to life in modern retelling by Canadian author

“I did all the normal Canadian kid things – you know, play sport and take trips to the mall,” says Christina Matula, of growing up in suburban Ottawa, as she settles into a chair in a coffee shop in Causeway Bay. What set her apart was her heritage – her mother is Taiwanese, her father Hungarian. “I was one of the few Asian kids in my school and my sister and I were the only mixed-race kids.” Among her fondest childhood memories are those of Mid-Autumn...

from South China Morning Post - Culture feed https://ift.tt/2C3XncS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Green Day’s World Now

The band’s new album, “Saviors,” feels amazingly current, not because Green Day has capitulated to the whims of the Zeitgeist but because, somehow, the Zeitgeist has bent around Green Day. from Culture: TV, Movies, Music, Art, and Theatre News and Reviews https://ift.tt/Oz8Atxq